Pages

Thursday 2 July 2015

Summer in the garden

While I am off gallivanting to the summer home in Finland, these things are going on in my garden.

My peony is looking like this:


Up close and personal it looks like this




The white rose which is just younger than the house (1907) is looking a bit spindly, but ready to burst at the seams



Also in the front garden, this white flowering shrub, whose name is currently evading me



Now, it's not just flowers I've got in my garden. This is one of the many tiny apples growing on my trees (17 apple trees if my memory serves me right)



And while they do first have to form flowers, these funny-looking chaps will turn into grapes in some months' time



And finally, flower and food (or in this case drink) in the form of one of my elder trees


And they will definitely be long gone when I come back. Fortunately mum might harvest some to make cordial. But the fried, battered flowers won't be happening this year.

Makes you wonder why on earth I am heading off north with all this going on. But when I return, I'll have pics and perhaps even some videos which should explain why I am off north. And might make you wonder why on earth I am coming back home again.


No comments:

Post a Comment