Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Veggie Box Tales: 3. June

And this time it is for real. I have the veg sitting on my stove.




And once again I have been swapping a bit with my mum. There was a head of white cabbage in my box, which I traded for two spring onions and three carrots. The rather somber looking stuff at the back is red kale, then the spring onions, carrots and two zucchini. They are flanked by spinach and broccoli and in front are toms, garlic and two limes.

I am contemplating having the spinach for supper, with some leftover pizza sauce and mozzarella, perhaps a wee bit of ham. I still haven't decided whether or not to have pasta with it. On the other hand, the spinach would go well with some feta. I could probably use the kale instead for this evening.

I never got around to having the fennel from last box as the toms and zucchini were eaten without it, so this could be the week when that combo happened. And the carrots, spring onion and lime could be used for some sort of Asian inspired concoction. I do have soba noodles and miso paste.

So, a day late, but full of yummy options.

No comments:

Post a Comment