Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2015

What's in your fridge? 23.6.15

I am currently at that annoying stage in fridge time, where you are starting to run out of things to use for making meals, but you are leaving for a holiday lasting several days in just a week's time so you don't really want to stock up on things which will then go bad.

And I have discovered I can't even get my mum to use up some of the things.




So this is the state of my fridge now. And yes, those red cartons are all 1/2 litre cream cartons. Two of which are decidedly sour. I really should use them tomorrow for cooking leftover bulgur and assorted seeds and let my chickens snack on that. At least, they love it when I use buttermilk or old yoghurt, so I'm counting on this working.

There's some leftover pizza in there, which will do nicely for tomorrow's supper. Which reminds me - lunch tomorrow is going to be tricky as I'll be out of the house.

The large bottle in the bottom of the door is elderflower cordial - from two years ago. Mum has refused to make any this year, because nobody drinks it. That's mostly because I can't remember I have any. This should make a difference, having it next to the milk.

That strange purpley/fuschia thing in the door is not for me - that's a snack for Ramses. I only give him 1/3-1/2 of the soft food sachets at a time, and store the rest in the fridge. Then I give him the remainder and pour hot water over it to warm it up as treats. I can't afford giving him a whole sachet at a time - it is a bit much for one helping, and once it has been in his dish for some hours, he refuses to eat it up.

I honestly have no idea what I'm eating this week. Partly because of the random items in there, partly because my brain is already seriously in travel jitter mode, and getting the last things done before leaving, and so therefore cooking is ... erratic.

Danish strawberries have hit the shops now though, and mum is very fond of buying and bringing me some, so I am getting a good bit of my nourishment that way. And I am not eating them all with sugar and cream - I am eating them nude, so to speak. All of which isn't having much effect on my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment